Monday 30 March 2009

Mouse trouble

No not computer mouse trouble.... but one of the real things!!! I was sitting here checking out blogs and sites when I hear some rustling down the hall. I went out and look and could see the cat sitting by the coat rack at the door and jumping up at it.... well, I'd had a mouse there before...so call hubby and said "I think there's a mouse".... turned round and hi-tailed back to my space...."where do you think you're going!" he say..."get back here, if there's a mouse I need some one to corral it" - yea right..haha... so he carefully starts to take the coats off the rack.... "yeap" he says " there's a mouse" with that the cat leaps 2 feet into the air, up the coat rack, grabs the mouse in his mouth and takes off down the hall with me chasing it.... under the dining table goes the cat and mouse... over to the door goes I.... then back to chase them both out the door....whew.... raced round and closed all the doors and windows - don't want that thing in here again.....

Well... now the heart has stopped racing ( I HATE mice) I'm back to looking at the web and trying to decide what card to do for Dawn McVeys colour challenge #2. Brown, Teal, white and Celery/Moss. I don't have any brown card stock but do have a lovely green piece of Bazzil that can to as the base card.... but what to do...... really struggling at the moment for inspiration. Oh well I suppose I can't do a card every day. Will run out of people to give them to although saying that I see from my calender that there are 4 birthdays and Easter in April, 6 plus Mother's Day in May and 4 in June... so I should start stocking up...

Made this one a couple of weeks ago, for early April for a neice. I got the idea for this one from an English magazine Papercraft Essentials issue 37. I had some Tatty Teddy jpeg's on my computer so just printed them out and cut round them. Use a bit of kindyglitz on the flowers. Background is embossed with my Cuttlebug and I stamped the sentiment onto a tiny tag cut by my Cuttlebug as well. I was pleased with the colours on this one. Nice and easy.

Well that's it for today... TV time in about 10 mins. two hours of it... oh why do they always put all the good programmes on the same night. Makes for a tired Dawn on a Tues after watching CSI followed by Brother's and Sister's.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Yikes! I don't think anyone likes mice in the house! Cute teddy bear card! :-)

Paula said...

I agree Mice aren't the nicest things to have inside. I love the bear card it is sooo cute as my dd would say :). Sounds like you will be rather busy over the next little while. :)