Friday 12 June 2009

Die cut get well card

Managed to get a quick card done to take to Angie ( our niece in Levin). She has also not been well this week so this is a get better soon card for her. I got out the cuttlebug and used the floral fantasy embossing folder to emboss the purple card. I cut out the heart with a Spellbinders die ( from the centre of the green card - covered the cutout hole with the purple) and embossed it as well. The teddy is a Hero Arts one, that the lovely Anne sent to me. I coloured it in with my Mondeluz watercolour pencils. I used some scraps of the purple to punch out tiny flowers to use on the bouquet. Finished with a bit of organza ribbon.

Today I got some lovely cards from friends for my birthday ( which is on Sunday) - one with a lovely bottle of wine. My son and his girlfriend also gave me my gift. It is an adorable pendant - a little oval shape with sparkly gems on it. Really beautiful.

This week I also recieved from the lovely Paula a blog award. I will get around to posting it next week, but meanwhile - thanks Paula. I am thinking hard on who to past it onto as I love so many of the blogs I visit.

Well, time to do one more quick card before heading off to bed. Then up early to pack and get onto the road. Hope to see some snow on the Desert Road in the Central North Island - have to pack the winter woolies as it is defineatly cooler down south.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend all

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! What an adorable get well soon card! Love how you did the teddy bear! The dry embossing and Nesties heart are lovely, too! Great ribbon! :-)

Monika Reeck said...

Cute little Teddy dear Dawn...adorable get well soon card....agree with Anne...hugs