Saturday 15 August 2009

3 cards

I managed to finish 3 cards over the past couple of days. This first one I started earlier in the week after watching Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking week 9 part 1. It uses crayon resist. I stamped the HA Grid stamp in black on white card card and used a white crayon to highlight parts of the flourishes and put some dots on. I then used Shabby Shutters Distress ink to cover the card. I did the same on the printed flowers and used Worn Lipstick distress ink. I had got that far when I noticed that Dustypenny (AKA Joy) had posted her card .... talk about great minds thinking alike....Look at this. Any way I finally finished mine off and as the rain had eased today managed to get the photo taken. Joy is a prolific card maker so take time to view her photostream or her blog.

My next card is one I did for a christening I'm going to on Sunday. The image is by Inkadinkadoo. I stamped the image in Memento Blue Danube ink onto white cardstock and distressed with Faded Jeans distress ink and my fingernail. This was mounted onto another piece of cardstock that had been also inked with the distress ink (cardstock was a browny colour) then matted onto white to leave a narrow border before finally mounting onto the blue card. The little one being christened is about 3 1/2 so thought this is a little bit different. Inside I have a rub on that says " You are a treasure to God"



And today I got a chance to play with my new Hero Arts Cling stamp - Antique Brocade plus do a card for Hero Arts challenge this week. It is to make a card using the sketches done by Shari Carroll. I stamped the cling stamp in black on red cardstock and cut into the shapes on Shari's sketch #4. The image is from HA digital kit ( available for free at 2peasinabucket)
I resized it and printed it onto white card stock and used my nestibilities oval scallop to cut it out. I layered the red card onto a cream background card and then pop dotted the oval. Finished it off with 3 black buttons. I am quite pleased with the results. I struggle a bit with the digi images - not really sure how to put all the bits together but like being able to print out background papers or images to use on "real" cards.
Well thanks for taking time to read this long post and have a great weekend

6 comments:

Tomo H. said...

Oh wow! Dawn, you finished 3 cards!?
Crayon resist card is so pretty, the resis part is clear and beautiful! I'll try the method some day.
The 2nd card is so cool, and its distressing is great! It's Inkadinkado's? I may have to get it.
The last one is so gorgeous!!! Love it so much! You already get the new stamps.
Fantastic creations, Dawn! Love your works!

Diana said...

Just stunning Dawn!

Kelly Booth said...

All three are Wonderful Dawn...glad you got to PLAY!

Tiffany Ervin said...

So gorgeous Dawn! Wow, you have been cardmaking busy! Really glad you played with the digi papers....that is a stunner!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Lovely cards! I see you're playing with new stuff ... the brocade stamp, digi and hybrid techniques, and the white crayon resist! What fun! :-)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Hi Dawn! Thanks for the shout out! Great cards!