Sunday 2 August 2009

A happy end to a sad week.




Yesterday was our grand-nephew's first birthday - a happy family event after a sad week in which his parents had to attend two funerals... one for his Mum's aunt and one his Dad's grand-dad. So it was a great day when both sides of Nathan's family celebrated for a good reason. The two cards here are what I made for him from his big cousins Emma & Kieran. Both were quick cards because as usual, my two asked at the last minute for me to make them cards.

Nicola ( Nathan's Mum) made this wonderful cake for his party. All the cakes were banana cakes. I think she did a wonderful job. Emma, of course, took some cup cakes down to Hamilton as well. They were cookies and cream flavoured and very yummy. All in all it was a wonderful occasion and Nathan was a good little boy and behaved himself. He is adorable.

Well thanks for looking. I've got a couple more posts to do later.

5 comments:

Pajalu said...

What wonderful photos of the cakes - Yummm!!!!!!!! :D. I love the ladybugs they look so sweet (excuse the pun). Thanks for the lovely comments you have given to me. Take care sweetie xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Pajalu said...

Whoops forgot to add your cards look gorgeous - I blame the cakes lol

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! So glad your family got to enjoy a happy moment together, even while you are still grieving. Your cards are lovely and that huge "One" cake is amazing! :-)

Kelly Booth said...

Great cards and YUMMY Cakes!! Love Banana cake....

Tiffany Ervin said...

WOW, Dawn! That is an incredible looking cake and LOVE those cupcakes too! The little critters theme is darling! Looks like you all had a wonderful celebration! So good to see things are getting a little back to normal for you! Always in my thoughts!