Wednesday 19 August 2009

Hero Arts challenge - Mail it

This week Hero Arts challenge is about making a card and then ACTUALLY POSTING IT to someone....
My inspiration for this card was from a Papercraft essentials magazine. I have a lady in New Plymouth ( other end of the North Island to me) whom I speak to on the phone every day for work....and I decided to send her this card.
The flowers are made by me- using the cuttlebug asterisk die. I put two different pieces of pattern paper together - off centring them and then added the green punched flower for the centre. I add a Blush coloured pearl to finish them off. The flourish is by Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment by Hero Arts CL129 Was a bit disappointed with the ink colour in the end... no quite bright enough. I used my new Martha Stewart punch to put a butterfly in the corner. Think I'm going to be using this one a bit.... more butterflies.....
Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Pajalu said...

Dawn this is such a pretty card. I love your flowers & the way you have put this card together.

Diana said...

Beautiful, Dawn

Suzanne C said...

Love how you layered the flowers they add such beautiful dimension. Beautiful card.

Gretchen said...

What a pretty card!(I found you from the Hero Arts flickr site on the blog addy roll thread).