Sunday 9 August 2009

recycled card

I made a card yesterday but was not pleased with it so today decided that I need to revisit it and redo it. I like the bird stamp and the flower so I recycled them and made this one. Much happier with it.
I changed the label colour to pale blue card, stamped a different sentiment ( from the same set by HA CL129)in a darker blue ink, edged the bird in the same darker blue ink, matted it onto the mid-blue card which I CB'd with swiss dots. Finally mounted it all onto the dark cardstock.
I added a tiny pearl for the birds eye and three pearls under the sentiment.
This is for one of the ladies in my team who is leaving this week under the voluntary redundancy scheme we had a work. She is in her late 60's and was going to retire later this year so I hope all her dreams for the future come true for her.

4 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card and love that you re-cycled it. I have many cards where I was not happy with at the finished project.

Pajalu said...

Dawn this is such a lovely card. I'm glad that you could reuse some of the items from your other card. I try to do that as well. xoxoxo

Arlene said...

The card is beautiful. I do love this one.

donna mikasa said...

Hi Dawn! I'm now a follower of your wonderful blog!
Love this card and the little birdie....it matches your blog perfectly!