Wednesday 6 January 2010

Butterflies Galore... more Jennifer McGuire inspiration

Jennifer had an amazing video on her blog this past week and it has inspired a number of us to make some butterfly cards.  I loved how she had used her on a set for her Mother in law... so I decided to make some for my Mum...  I used Hero Arts Digi kit " Flutterbys" to print out some butterflies and also a stamp that my Dad bought to take home with him ( not sure of the maker... but did manage to stamp off a whole sheet)  I used Copics, water colour pencils and aqua crayons to colour some in.  I loved the sets Jennifer did, so copied the idea.  I used my Cuttlebug to make a variety of backgrounds and then used co-ordinating card stock ( and paint chips) to make the panels on the cards.  My desk is currently strewn with coloured butterflies... I am making a set of six for Mum, so two more to go.... I also used some on some mini pizza boxes I made for some coaster Mum bought to take back to family and friends in Australia.  The coasters are glass with New Zealand and a fern and Kiwi on them. 
I took Mum and Dad to my local stamp stores over the past few days and Dad had a ball.... He tells me the stuff he bought is for Mum to start stamping and card making.... but I'm not so sure!!!!!!  He has been watching me closely....interested in everything I've been doing.... We'll just have to wait and see who does what!!!  I have really been enjoying showing them my crafting and spending time with them... I will miss them when they go on Saturday  :-(   Plus having to work again next week instead of doing my cards and reading and enjoying the sunny weather!!!!  Oh well that's life.
Thanks for stopping by ....I'm off to colour more butterflies!!!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous job in every way! You did so good in coloring in the butterflies, hope to catch the video too!

Pajalu said...

Dawn your butterflies are wonderfully done. Love the story about your dad. I am glad that you are enjoying your time off in the sunshine. We've had rainy/cloudy days since Christmas :( xoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! Love those butterflies--you colored them so well! And I love how your DAD may be your new stamping partner?! Family bonding!!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, adore your butterflies. Great story about your Dad... so fun. Glad you got the link to the Monkey Love... I think he is just perfect for valentine's too...