Friday 26 February 2010

February's card chain challenge

I have already shared the wonderful card and goodies I received as part of Deborah's CCC for February.  Now that Deborah ( my recipient) has got my card, I can share it with you.  If you have taken part in these challenges you know that you have 1) a sketch to follow or 2) a colour scheme or 3) a theme.  I decided to to the theme this month which was St Patrick's Day.
 
I don't have any shamrock stamps so used a small heart from HA's Share Laughter set to make them.  Same went for the Leprechaun... this one I found on a free clip art site.  I downloaded and resized and printed it out on white card.  I added the sentiment from HA's sparkle clear set Happy Greetings.  Used my Label 8 to cut out the white card.  For the matting, I traced around the outside of the label and cut by hand.  Add the ribbon and pearls ( coloured with a Copic).  As it also fitted the Hero Arts Challenge I entered into that as well.
Talking of shamrocks and leprechaun's this weeks challenge over at Tag Tuesday is to use a shamrock.  I have never entered this challenge before but here's what I came up with.  It used the same image and the background is the same shamrocks I used on the card.  I bit hard to see them but they are there.

I have a few other things I did this week - will post over the weekend.   Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by for a visit.  I really appreciate all the delightful comments.

5 comments:

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Fun card and tag, Dawn. So clever how you improvised, too!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the way you made your shamrocks! Very creative! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Loved your card for deborah, that little leprechaun makes me smile and so glad you decided to use it on the tag and participate in Louise's tag challenge. It is fun to try something new and she is always coming up with fun challenges.

Tiffany Ervin said...

So much fun and great card and tag Dawn!! I always have a hard time making St. Patrick's Day cards, but you've given me some ideas to play with!! Fun, fun!

Deborah said...

I like your card and that tag is pretty cute, too!