Sunday 28 March 2010

Creative Saturday.

Yesterday I spend a very creative day with 5 other lovely ladies at Helen's place stamping.... and chatting and eating!!!!!  We had a great day and the time just flew by.  Despite all the eating and talking I did manage to get a few things done...
 A number of these were similar to ones I had done earlier in the week ( but either sold or posted off) so were quick and easy to do second time round.  The bluebell resist I did to show the ladies how it was done.  The final red card with the lovely Sugar Nellie image ( from the lovely Sarah) has a bit of a story to it... I had cut the red card using my Victorian blade on my trimmer and was busy trying to measure up where to make the crease on my Scor-pal as it was a tiny bit smaller than usual... well missed the mark completely and one side was nearly 1 cm shorter than the other.... Luckily found some PP with me that had the scallops on it so cut them out and used them to make up the difference!!!  A good mistake in the end!!!

and this is what our table looked liked
Notice there were some very special goodies... mini Toberones.... yummy.  Helen had been overseas last week and got them duty free....

So a fun day was had by all .... and I got home in time to change to go out for drinks and dinner with my husband's touch rugby mates and their wives..... so an even better end to the day....

Thanks for stopping by and I must say a big thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post.... I really appreciated all your thoughts and good wishes....

7 comments:

Pajalu said...

What a great day you must have had. I love the cards & I'm glad that you had a wonderful time with your friends, nothing beats chocolate, chatting & cardmaking does it? I love how your last card was created, happy mistakes are the best kind of mistakes xoxoxoxoxo

Suzanne C said...

Now look at all the goodies on the table and that came from the table! Looks like you had a great day stamping and crafting and then finished it off with a nice night out!

Sanne said...

You have been so busy - great cards - love the first one - that stamp is on my wish list!

Monika Reeck said...

dear Dawn..so many pretty flower cards...the first card I love it too and will buy it if I have enough penny :) LOL , you must have nice time with friends to do crafting...enjoy that time Dawn..I wish I could meet you :)

Kelly Booth said...

So Pretty....Love the cards you made...I just got the Hydrangea and can't wait to PLAY!!!!
Hugs.....

Tiffany Ervin said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day, crafting, friends, food, and more friends at the end! Love it, your cards are beautiful....life's simplicities!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Such a great time! I especially like the hydrangea card and the silhouette bells card. Like your new blog look, too! :-)