Tuesday 18 May 2010

More inspiration from Nancy and Michelle,

Now I have found out that Nancy's card that inspired me was actually inspired by this one from Michelle.... I can say thanks to both of them for the wonderful design.  I thought of all my stamps that would work well with this design ... the Silhouette Bells came to mind.  I started by stamping them in black on some PP by Kaisercraft - but decided I didn't like that and re-did them in a green pigment ink on white card.
I put the PP on the white base after I masked and stamped the Old French writing.  I added a strip of black an mounted the three squares and added the sentiment.

I then played around with the first pieces I stamped  and came up with this....
It is a tall skinny card... but I am really pleased with the outcome.

I have also been working on something special - but can't reveal it all.... so here is a sneak peak.....

Hope you are all having a great start to the week.... Take care and thanks for visiting

11 comments:

Lin said...

Both of your versions turned out beautifully! I must try this, too!

Barb said...

These are so pretty, Dawn! I think I may have to find a stamp to use for this idea! Gorgeous colors! And you've got me drooling over that sneak peek! Hmmm? :)

Anita Rex said...

OOOo love what you did with the silhouette bells, love your sneak peak!

Monika Reeck said...

These are lovely Dawn...love your sneak peak I think it must be dots and flower on the Acetate am I right..it must be a beautiful card dear...hugs

Diana said...

Love that teal color. Thanks for sharing. Happy May!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Love both the green and black and green and white! Beautiful finish to these cards!

Sanne said...

These are yummy colors Dawn - great cards!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, can't wait to see what you are working on... sneak peek looks interesting!!! Love your cards.

My boys do sail - although only beginners, Conor did his first sailing course (they can start at 7/8) last year and is doing one again this year.... and he has a little Oppie! We are on the water most weekends. I have been sailing since I was 10! DH and I had a Laser 2 before we got married that we raced... but sold it before we got married!!!! Good decision!!! I was helm and he was my crew!!!! Need I say more!!! LOL!!!!

Donnas Den said...

These cards are great, Dawn and I'm intrigued to know what you're sneak peak is.

Thanks for entering my DT call and good luck.

Donna xx

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! I love both of your cards from the Silhouette Bells! Sooo cute! :-)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love what you did with the inspiration from nancy and michelle! Wonderful colors and cards. Love your sneak peak and can't wait for the reveal!