Friday 21 May 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #30

While I was visiting my favourite blogs this week, I saw the lovely colour challenge on The Play Date Cafe's  this week.
Such lovely colours...

I was driving home from work thinking about making a card for the challenge - okay I thought, pink background,  yellow cage, green bird.... Hold it...haven't I done that already?... so checked when I got home and yes I had!!!!   Thought it was a great idea!!!!  Silly me~

For the details check out this post from the last weekend

Weekend has officially started for me.  My son and his girlfriend are cooking Nacho's for dinner.... tomorrow evening we are off to the movies to see "Robin Hood" and then on Sunday off to visit the daughter... she had two wisdom teeth out this week so feeling a bit sore... will go cheer her up!!

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.

15 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Well it was obviously a good design if you thought of it again lol! Love your pink background, the cage and bird really stand out beautifully against it; thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

June said...

Love this its gorgeous, the colours are perfect and love that cage and bird and the quote too
hugs June xxxxx

donna mikasa said...

Great card, Dawn! Perfect colors for the challenge! Don't you love Tim's dies?

Jacqueline said...

Such a lovely idea - nice and simple work with these colors!

Barb said...

So funny that you thought of this idea again, Dawn! What a nice card! Sounds like you're going to have a good weekend too! :)

Anita Rex said...

That's funny that you were about to make a similar card! It's great when you have something that works already! :> Hope you have a great weekend and cheer your daughter up, pulling wisdom teeth sucks! :>

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love this die, and the pink background works wondefully. Great card. Tracy Evans x

Mona Pendleton said...

So soft & subtle! That birdcage die cutout looks great! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC :)

Julie Ranae said...

I'm not sure which I love more, your card or the fact that you were thinking about what to make for OUR challenge while driving : )

Great card and perfect choices for this week!
So glad you found us and we look forward to your offerings each week!

Monika Reeck said...

great take on the color challenge dear...lovely bird inside the cage....great idea dear...hugs

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love when creativity hits--like when I'm driving! I thought I was the only one who did that:) Great card--love that beautiful pink background and the cage/bird--I need to get those dies (I think that is what you used!). Super pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Suzanne C said...

LOvely card! Beautiful design! Happy you decided to play along with us at PDCC again!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful design using the Bird Cage, thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Dawn! Love the birdie and bird cage! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby said...

I do that, mull over ideas in the car, or when I'm out and about!! You've come up with a lovely design this week for our challenge, great work with the colours! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!