Sunday 2 May 2010

Stamp Camp 2010 - Day 2

Well I arrived home at 4.45pm today - totally shattered!!!!!  Another full on day...
this is what our table looked like mid way through the day -
Stuff everywhere!!!!  No wonder I kept misplacing things~~

 We did a number of projects - starting off by putting together our Jacob's Ladder mini album - still not finished though as I have to put some photos on it... then moved onto making a hanging ribbon that fits in a little round container.  It was using several different techniques - water spritzing and using reinkers to colour an embossed flower - one of which used a reverse stamp to make a mirror image - so when we sandwiched the ribbon between the tow pieces were identical.  We also used a smashed paint technique with Twinkling H2O's and acetate and glossy card to make a lovely background to stamp butterflies on.
 
After morning tea it was onto a rather complicated card that involved sponging, stamping and making some mini books by sewing paper together ...
Took a while... and I stuffed up as I didn't realise that I had to leave tails of the thread we used to sew the books together so I could put beads on them!!!  so again I didn't get this one finished.
After lunch it was onto what was called an Exercise Block - 'cause there was a little note to go with the project that said:  "place this block on the ground, walk round it twice and then go relax... congratulations as you've just been round the block - twice!!!"
This one was fun... We made the box as well as the canvas block.  The stamping was done onto tissue and then with Mod Podge it was put onto the canvas.  The dragonflies were stamped on acetate and then had Kindyglitz added, cut out and popped on to the canvas.

We followed this one with a lovely Easel card.  I misplaced the ovals to make the greeting so another one to finish this week.  This one used one of the newer Hero Arts stamps which I really think I need now!!!
The butterfly on this was stamped with Stazon on acetate twice, once coloured with Copics and the second one with Kindyglitz.  They were then layered together and added to the card with a "w" piece of acetate so they seem to float...
and our final project was a Book mark card... where the bookmark was part of the card and could be removed. 
By the end of the day, I think we were all very tired and pleased to be heading home to relax. 

All in all, a very productive and fun weekend... lots of new techniques learnt, friends made and in my case a few new stamps and products made there way into my craft bag...

Hope your weekend was a great as mine...

9 comments:

Sanne said...

Saunds like you had a wonderful day Dawn!!!!! Great projects :0)

Suzanne C said...

What beautiful projects! It does sound like tremendous fun!

Lin said...

Oh you lucky girl - such fun! Love all the projects!

Pajalu said...

Dawn you are one lucky lady!!! It looks as though you had a blast. I bet you had a great time :D xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow Dawn!! You're going to be sleeping good tonight! Lovely story about both of your days and I absolutely adore that gorgeous easel card!

Anita Rex said...

Wow technique overload! Sounds like a lot of work but so much fun! LOL around the block twice! :>

Vanessa said...

Looks like a lot of fun to me! Beautiful projects!

Kelly Booth said...

Wonderful Projects Dawn...Looks Like a Fun time!!

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Looks like you had a great time! I especially like the bookmark card with the gate fold opening! Gorgeous! :-)