Tuesday 4 May 2010

You're the Bestest!!!

My new Penny Black stamp is called this!!!.  When I got home on Sunday evening, Yvonne, the leader of our Family Group through church was on the phone to hubby.... she was just letting us know one of our members, Pam, had had a mild heart attack ( she's in her 80's) and Yvonne asked me to make her a card.... so I broke out the new stamp and made a get well card
 
 Isn't it just the cutest istamp!!!  I coloured it with my watercolour pencils, used a nestie to cut it out and then layered on the yellow and cut round it.  The sentiment is from Hero Aets and inside I stamped " feel better soon" from an American Crafts set.  I dropped it round and popped it in Pam's letterbox on my way to work yesterday morning.

It's my daughter's 24th birthday this week ( Thursday)  I can't believe that it was 24 years ago she was born!!!!  Time seems to have gotten away on me.  I have been busy making her a card - so will post after she has had her birthday. It was a bit of a mission as I kept getting ink in the wrong places and having to redo it!!!

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, What a great card, I love PB stamps & this one is certainly gorgeous. I love the card you made with it, but am sorry for the reasons behind the card I hope your friend recovers quickly. Wishing your DD Emma a very Happy Birthday from across the "ditch" ;D. Also check your flickr mail I think you will be pleasantly surprized :D xoxoxoxoxoxo

donna mikasa said...

Love Penny Black images! I always see the hedgie--this cat is too cute! I'm sure it will cheer up Yvonne a lot! Blessings to her, and a speedy recovery.

Anita Rex said...

I love reading how excited you are about your daughter's birthday, 24! Love this card, such a cute image! I like how you cut around the nestie!

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely card and so sweet of you to make it for your friend. This should definitely cheer her up. Can't wait to see your daughter's card. :)

Anne said...

Hi, Dawn! Wonderful card! It would definitely cheer me up! :-)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh goodness, I think this card is perfect for her and will cheer her up! Such a sweet image!