Thursday 20 January 2011

Collage Fun.... and a Wedding Anniversary Card

The new Hero Arts catalogue has a whole heap of lovely collage images.... as I write, my Timely Bird cling is winging it's way to me from the USA.... meanwhile I thought I'd try my hand at some collage stamping and masking of my own.....
Butterfly Collage.

I started by stamping the butterfly from the Antique Engravings set into the middle of the card.  I then made a mask and laid it on top.... then using post it notes I did lots of different stamps and ink colours ( mainly in the softer distress colours) around it.... Music background, Magical Background, Silhouette Grass and Flower Wood Background from Hero Arts and a script and grid stamps from Rubadubadoo ( a NZ stamp company) I then removed all the masks except the butterfly and used various distress inks with an ink blender.  I then used Copics to colour my butterfly.  This made it the focal point being much brighter than the background.  I layered it onto a nutmeg coloured card after making a corner with a Fiskars punch.

I scored some really good prices on the punch and some Fiskars stamps.  I found a clearance shop which sells all sorts of things..... called Ike's Emporium, that had the big 8 x 8 stamp sets (35-36 stamps on each) for $2.95 each.  I am not sure how they managed to sell them so cheap..looking on the website for Fiskars these are over $16.. I got 2 of the Girlfriends set and 1 of the Sentiments.... I'll keep the other set for a give away at some time... plus I got the cut and emboss corner punch for $7.95 and Shape Template (Tags-1) for $1.95.  Love getting a bargain.   My non-stamping friend was laughing at how excited I got when I saw these....

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary so I won't be blogging.... going out to dinner to celebrate 33 years of marriage.... but before I go I must show you the card my Mum and Dad made for us....
that's Hubby and Me 33 years ago... my don't we look like so young!!!!!!!!! Inside the card, there is a photo of our hands with our rings.... certainly brings back memories...  thank you Mum and Dad for this wonderful card!!!!!

Have a great rest of the week everyone.

10 comments:

Pajalu said...

Woo Hoo 33 years wedded bliss - you know you get less for murder ;D. Love the one layer card you have done. It is phenominal & I love the card your parents made for the two of you as well. Have a fun night tomorrow night xoxoxoxoxoxo

Deirdre said...

Dawn, Happy Wedding Anniversary to you and your hubby - congrats on 33 years.

Hope you have a wonderful day and I love what you created. Love the card your parents made too.... beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Happy Anniversary, Dawn! Great butterly on the first card and how sweet of your parents to make the second card!

Lin said...

LOVE your collage card, Dawn! Love the softness of it!
And Happy Anniversary! What a sweet thing for your parents to send!

Barb said...

How fun that your parents sent such a wonderful card! Happy Anniversary, Dawn! Love your collage card. . .so many wonderful stamps used! Nicely done! Enjoy your day and dinner with hubby!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Happy Anniversary Dawn.
Hope you had an enjoyable evening.
Gosh you ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS score a bargain!!!!!
Lucky you.
I am hanging out for Stamp Group.....
Smiles:)

CinnamonSally said...

Hi Dawn
Happy Anniversary to you and your Hubby, love the card your parents made.. Love your collage card as well , I really must have a go at this technique!

Suzanne C said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the card your parents made. So sweet! Your collage card is fabulous. Love the texture you created! Beautiful!

Diana said...

Love the first card Dawn. Beautiful design and colors! Be well!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Dawn, I love your gorgeous collage card. You did a wonderful job. Happy Anniversary! Take care and God bless.