Thursday 17 March 2011

Jumping for Joy!

Finally can share my exciting news..... been jumping for joy since I got an email from Clare who is the lead designer for the Card group on Simply Scrapping Crafts to say that my application to join the team was successful.... Yeah... thanks Clare and Judy ( the owner of the site)  I am so excited to be part of the team..

Today we got introduced and were able to provide our first samples as a team.... all three D's.... yes my other team members are Dani and Dana.... how's that for a bit of a giggle...
Here's our intros and this weeks challenge.... a sketch by Clare.

Here's my sample card

SSC -sketch challenge

As you can see I turned the sketch upside down.  My card stock came with the sewing already printed on it... ( Got this set about 3 years ago at K-Mart to celebrate Breast Cancer Week)  I just had to add the tiny strips of paper and found a use for a little piece of daisy ribbon I had.  I made the die cut label using a couple of spellbinders, some masking and a HA background stamp.  Love this technique for making the frames ( see this video) Sentiment by Fiskars. Finished off with the rolled roses made with a Die-namics die.

I'm so pleased with my first sample ~ now to start work on next week's theme!!!  Please do come and join us at SSC.  There are so many great groups to join and it's all free....

Thanks for taking the time to read this today.... I'm still jumping up and down with joy

15 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations, Dawn! Your sample is gorgeous! Vanessa x

Joy said...

Big congratulations Dawn, I am so thrilled for you, doing the happy dance! YAY! Hugs!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats!! Yeah! Lovely and elegant card using the beautiful sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Congratulations, Dawn! So happy for you! Love how you flipped the sketch--lovely card!

joy said...

Congrats, Dawn! So well deserved; I love your style and your attention to detail. This card is a great take on the sketch, too.

Isha Gupta said...

Big Big Congratulations Dawn....I am so happy for you. Lovely card and see you at SSC.

Lin said...

Sharing in your excitement, Dawn, so pleased for you!! I know you'll be a great asset to Clare and the rest of the team!!

Barb said...

A terrific trio of D's! How fun! I'm jumping up and down, right along with you, Dawn! Love your very first DT card! Great take on the sketch, and that handmade label looks fab! Big congrats to you, my friend! So exciting! :)

Clare said...

Woot woot! We are so HAPPY to have you, Dawn!!! Fabulous card - your frame is gorgeous!! :)

CinnamonSally said...

BIG Congratulations Dawn, so happy for you and I love your first card, the label is perfect.
Hugs
Sally

Virginia L. said...

CONGRATS, Dawn! It's long over due that you are on a DT! So happy for your new post! WAy to go, girl!

Anita Rex said...

Yay congrats! They made a good choice in you Dawn! So happy for you! great job with the sketch! Such a nice card!

Tiffany Ervin said...

YAY!! So happy for you my friend! Congrats on this new DT, enjoy and have fun with it! Can't wait to see the line that you'll be representing!

Sanne said...

Congratulations Dawn - great "first" card ;)

Kathy said...

Yipee Dawn that is big news...so excited for you!!!!!!! Woot woot for you. Hugs,Kathy