Wednesday 8 June 2011

Oddles of Doodles

This weeks challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge is to Doodle on your card.... I have been building up my Penny Black stamps lately and I took a couple of sets away with me over the weekend.  I stamped up a little Mimi stamp and did some paper piecing and colouring.  She was sitting on my desk just waiting to be put together.... and the idea of doodling sounded like fun.

Doodling with Penny Black Saturday

I doodled around the edge of the image and doodled some grass around Mimi.  I used a Stampin' Up! sentiment and doodled round that as well....

I thought I would quickly share the card I made for my teenage niece last month.
Birthday cake

Another lovely Penny Black stamp I won ages and ages ago but had never inked up... Perfect for a teenager.  Two nieces had birthdays on the 28th and 29th... 7 years apart.   One turned 22 and the other one 15.   This card was for the 15 yr old, Sasha.   I am just waiting to hear when the older one, Debbie has her baby... she is overdue at the moment.

Had an exciting moment yesterday when reading Wee Memories blog... I made the Honorabe Hoots .... for this card.... thanks Jenny and the Wee Memories team. 

Thanks for visiting....


Dawn

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love your doodled frame! So clever, Dawn! And your second card is perfect for a teen! Congrats on the HM!

Pajalu said...

Yay & a Huge Congrats to you Dawn. You so deserve some HM :D. Love both your cards, especially love the doodling. The teenage card looks fantastic for a 15yr old xoxoxoxoxoxo

Vicky said...

Mimi is too cute :) Love Sasha's card too. Congrats on getting an Honorabe Hoot...all of your cards are amazing! Big Hugs xxxxx

Barb said...

I'm hootin' for ya too, Dawn! Love that cute image. . .so fun for a teen girl! And now let's talk about your doodling. Wow! It looks fantastic! Just love the way it turned out! It's the perfect frame for the image and sentiment! Good luck in the challenge!

Tiffany Ervin said...

What perfect doodling from you! That's a neat design, I would have never thought of that! Love both of your cards!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful cards! Love the doodling on your first card and the second is perfect for a teenager!