Tuesday 30 August 2011

Mygraphico challenge ~ August 29th Back to School

Here I am with my first challenge as a design team member for MyGraphico
We got to work with this delightful Back to School set
Our mandate was to make something CAS or very graphic....

I chose to do a Notebook...
Back to School

I started by creating a collage sheet the size of my notebook.  I then printed it out again so I could cut and layer the little girl and the note-sheet.   I distressed the edge of the book with Milled Lavender ink and added some gems.  Once I had it attached to the cover, I added scraps of ribbon along the spine.

I enjoyed my first challenge sample.... pop over to Mygraphico challenge blog to see what other fabulous projects the rest of the design team have produced.... very inspiring.  Hope you get a chance to join us and have a play...

Back tomorrow with a  CAS card I've made in 5 mins flat........ it really is CLEAN AND SIMPLE... I tell you!!!!!

Only a couple of days till the surgery... getting nervous again!!!

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all your lovely comments and thoughts ~ much appreciated....

Cheers

Dawn



9 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

Sweet, Dawn! Love this little gal, so eager to get to class. Love all the ribbons, too.

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations on your DT slot Dawn, Love this cute notebook, the ribbons are fabulous!!

Barb said...

Thinking about you with the surgery so close again. I know it will all go well! Love this cute idea! Adorable image and the added ribbon is perfect!

Virginia L. said...

How ADORABLE!! You are rocking with your first DT with MyGraphico, Dawn! Way to go!

Monika Reeck said...

yaay this is totally cuuute cuutee cuteee Dawn....yuhuuu your creation is so adorable and love this much...love the idea of the ribbo and all cute images...YOU ROCK my friend..hugs

Brenda said...

Oh that's a really cute notebook for your first assignement Dawn! Awesome! I can imagine your nervousness, just know that many are thinking of you!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Very sweet and adorable little notebook, Dawn! Yay! Can't wait to see all the wonderful projects you will have for this DT position! I will be thinking of you as you go into surgery! Prayers!!

Nancy K said...

Happy congrats on your new DT role, Dawn, if this fun notebook is any indication you'll be sharing lots of clever and creative projects! I've just read the previous post and it appears that there is quite a bit of prayer needed for you and your loved ones. I'm thinking about you and your surgery and recovery, praying you'll be pain-free and ready to take on any challenge.
hugs and blessings, my friend!

Katie said...

Love the book, infact I hope it was ok that I used this idea for the featured file for MyGrafico, Brides. I feel that the best complement is for someone to like my idea enough to use it too, so with that I hope you are ok with my using your idea for DT feature file!!!???!!!
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
ktsangels.blogspot.com