Tuesday 23 August 2011

Pink and Girlie.....

that's the request I had from Yvonne for a card for another friend's birthday...... Tracey LOVES pink.  I decided to add a bit of black as well...... and try an easel card....


Birthday Easel card (open)

The front uses a Spellbinders Die ~ Parisian Accents ~ It's a 8" long die and I used my long plates to cut it.  The birdcage and bird are a Tim Holtz die.  I added the rose and the organza bow to give it a girlie look.   I added some pink gems to the bottom of the cage and on the card.   For the inside, I used another row of the Parisian accents and made my stopper with a Hero Arts label stamp which I cut out and added with dimensional dots.   I think this certainly covers the request adequately....

Now for a surgery update... got a call today.... I've been bumped up the list... now Thurs 1st Sept.  So only a week and a bit wait now.... Pleased about that.

Thanks for visiting....

Dawn

14 comments:

joy said...

Pink and black are beautiful colors together - kinda' retro in feeling to me. Love the border die; may have to get that one.

Will be thinking of you next week and wish you all the best with the surgery, Dawn!

Lin said...

Lovely, Dawn - the black elements are wonderful against the pink!

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! Love the pink and black and the birdcage looks awesome!

Nancy K said...

So classy...black and pink together always evoke girly and Paris for me. Loving the die cuts! So happy you got good news about your surgery...now you can start preparing again. Sending blessings for success and an easy recovery. Hugs!

Kathy (krolski) said...

So pretty! Love the pink! I hope the surgery and recovery goes well.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Pink is the colour that makes one happy and is seen as sweet,and by choosing a watered down pink you have added a little romanticism, it is viewed as tender and feminine.
On the other side of the scale is the powerful classic Black, it is seen as sophisticated and elegant, the combination works so well and your card is just perfect.
Smiles:)

Vicky said...

Gorgeous!!! Love this card lots :)
Big hugs and kisses for your surgery next week xxx

Brenda said...

That's beautiful Dawn! Love how you have the bird behind the birdcage, and pink and black is so striking!

Tiffany Ervin said...

This is such a nice color combo, Dawn! I always love pink and black together and that cute bird cage and the rose accent really pulls it all together!

Pajalu said...

Dawn this is one amazing card. I love the colour combo you have used. It's so very pretty, simply gorgeous xoxoxoxoxo

Monika Reeck said...

cute bird on the cage card and lovely black border on your card...very beautifully done Dawn..hugs

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful easel card. Very girly and pretty. Glad your surgery got moved up!

Virginia L. said...

This girlie card is beautiful! Each detail with the ribbons and borders are lovely! Praying for your smooth surgery ahead! HUGS!

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous!