Saturday 17 September 2011

September CCC over at the Pad

I almost missed the deadline for September's CCC over at the Lily Pad.... Been a bit preoccupied!!!!  So yesterday I had a quick look to see what the sketch was, the colour scheme and the theme.   I decided that I would have a go with the sketch.. with one of the colours only, and of course the easy theme.... Friendship.........

September CCC


I started with some lovely patterned card from a DCVW mat pack (Linen Closet) It was a delightful green colour, so used that as my monochromatic look.    I masked off a portion of the card and used some Crushed Olive distress ink and stamped the Friends Definition by Hero Arts.   I stamped the Friend sentiment by Stampin' Up! in the same ink on white card and cut it out with a Spellbinders circle die, added some distress ink and matted it onto an olive green circle die by Nellie Snellen.  I added the ribbon and popped the focal circle with dimensional dots.  Finished with some green pearls.

Just waiting now to find out who this will be on it's way to.....

I had fun making a card this afternoon, but can't get the camera to get the right colours... will have to wait till tomorrow morning and daylight to take a photo.  

Feeling better and better each day... went with hubby this morning to do the grocery shopping.  He was the trolley pusher and the unpacker.... still a few things that I can't do.  

Enjoy your weekend all...there are some of my Blogland friends enjoying each others company this weekend in the USA.  Envious of you all... hope you have a great time and I can't wait to see what you've bought.

Cheers

Dawn

4 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Dawn! I would love to be the recipient of this pretty card. Love the monochromatic theme, and those pearls are the perfect touch!

Glad you are feeling better and able to get out and about. I have a card in the works to send to you - sorry I didn't get one out to you sooner :-(

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi, Dawn. I found your blog this evening through Joy's blog. You have several lovely creations to view, and I enjoy your blog. You are very sweet and very talented. I would love to invite you over to my blog to check it out. I'm having a give-away of an antique floral frog which you can read about when you visit. I'd love to have you visit, and thanks again for sharing your wonderful creations.

Blessings, Karen
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Virginia L. said...

Fantastic design, Dawn! I love the sentiment and text! The ribbons and die cut are perfect together!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful card. lovely blends of the colors. Glad you are feeling better!