Thursday 27 October 2011

Cards for the School Gala

The school where my children went for their primary years has a Gala every November.  My husband donates the use of a Container for storage every year and this year I am donating a pile of my cards for them to sell.  I have been making a few Christmas cards from a Magazine Kitset I bought recently.  There is enough card, embellishments, die cuts, ribbon etc to make 15 cards... so far I've managed 3...

Merry and Bright


Christmas Ornaments.


Reindeer Greetings


I will be taking all the kitset with me this weekend up to the Beach.... we are heading up to Mangawhai on Friday night and our friends will be there on Saturday morning.  I did have stamping at Sandie's house, but I really felt like a break away with hubby and my friends... just chilling out.    So I won't be around for a few days....  I have been busy doing some special stuff ~ more later..... and trying to get ahead again with Mygrafico design work.  Plus back at work full time is more tiring than I thought.... I nearly fell asleep sitting on the couch watching some TV at about 5.30pm this evening...

Take care and hope your weekend is going to be as much fun as mine.

Cheers

Dawn

11 comments:

sheila said...

These are adorable Dawn and how nice of you to donate your cards. They are sure to garner a nice price! Enjoy your time away with your husband!

Pajalu said...

Hi Dawn, What a wonderful thing to do. I hope you have a lovely break away with your hubby. Rest up & take it easy xoxoxoxo

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wonderfully bright and christmassy Dawn, Have a good break.
Smiles:)

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Dawn, arn't these kit sets great, I got one the other day with a whole load of My Minds eye stuff.

Hope you have a relaxing time at the beach.

Maureen Morton said...

What fun and bright cards, Dawn - and for a lovely purpose. You are so giving! Enjoy your get-a-way; it will be good for your soul!

Barb said...

Dawn, my hubby and I fall asleep almost every night at the very same time. We both get home, have a little chat, lie down on the bed to watch the evening news and nap for about a half an hour - and we haven't even had surgery! Naps are awesome - don't fight it!

Love these wonderfully cheerful cards! So nice that you're making them to donate. Have a fabulous, little getaway and just relax and have fun! Hugs to you! :)

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, love the santa one with the bright colours
Lindsay xx

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn you are truly thoughtful donating your beautiful cards for a terrific event. Enjoy your getaway!

Brenda said...

Looks like there are some reeally nice bits and pieces in that kit because you are making some very yummy cards! I think it's fantastic that you are donating them, (I love doing that). I agree with Barb, don't fight the sleep!!! Have an awesome getaway!

Suzanne C said...

Sweet cards! Lovely colors and fun designs! How wonderful that you are donating them.

Tiffany Ervin said...

These are all so special, Dawn! So great to give back to the school! Loving the pink reindeers!