Monday 24 October 2011

WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow - what an exciting night last night.......... a very stressful game.  The French took the game to the All Blacks and it was so tense.  The final score was 8 to 7 - talk about close.  I tell you our household was on tenterhooks all game.  Right up to the last moment it could have gone either way.... so it was lucky for us.

Much happiness in NZ then today over 250,000 people lined the street in Central Auckland as the team had a parade.  I watched on the TV as I'm not fussed on crowds.  I sat at the dinning table watching it and colouring in another little Mimi to make a little tag for Penny Black Blog Tag Challenge.  Here's how it finished up

Mimi Tag


I used a Spellbinders Label die for my tag and coloured Mimi in with watercolour pencils.  I cut her out and stuck her onto the tag which I'd coloured with Milled Lavender and Aged Mahogany distress inks.  The little sentiment is from a Sparkle Clear set by Hero Art.   I think I'll be making a few more of this one.  It was such fun.

Thanks for bearing with me today.... I am so HAPPY we won the Cup...

Cheers

Dawn

15 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous little tag, Mini is too cute :) I'm so pleased that the AB's won too, it was a tense game but 1 point was all that was needed to win. Proud to be a kiwi! xx

Lisa said...

Here she is again! She's so stinkin' cute, Dawn! Love the tag :) Congrats on the win- Sounds like it was a good game!

Barb said...

YAY!!! CHAMPIONS!! Love your sweet tag, Dawn!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn this tag is adorable and cute! Your work is always fabulous.

sheila said...

cute, cute tag Dawn! I love the spellbinder die shape that you used. and wow!!!!! congrats on the massive win! That is huge! my 18 year old who is a freshman in college and a girl just went out for the UW of Madison rugby team and made it! She loves the sport....makes her mom and dad nervous though!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute tag Dawn and beautifully coloured.
Sounds like you had fun watching the game, my hubby was watching too and her really enjoyed it!

Jay Gee said...

Yay the AB's! I was on the edge of my seat... as a Kiwi living in Australia I was worried I would be able to show my face at work on Monday. It was a nail biting game, but a good one :)

Love your sweet little tag Dawn - so adorable.

Scrumplescrunch said...

OMG Dawn, what a game!!!!! I was sitting in The Hilton Hotel Taupo watching. I love the card,I have a bit of catching up to do now.
Smiles:)

Pajalu said...

Congrats on the ABs win Dawn. I love the tag, its very cute xoxoxoxo

Brenda said...

This little Mimi is so sweet and you have made the cutest tag Dawn! Really thrilled for you on the NZ win but I have to be sad that France did not win as I am French!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Dawn! Congratulations on the All Blacks winning THE Cup! Yay!

We don't watch much rugby here in the states, but we do watch hockey. And I know how exciting it can be to win the cup!

And such an adorable tag! Love the way you tied the ribbon with the baker's twine! :-)

donna mikasa said...

Such an adorable tag, Dawn! Saw it over on Flickr. And I'm so happy for NZ (and for you!) and their World Cup win!

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations to NZ for winning the World cup this year! The streets and bars were totally deserted here so we didn't even have to watch the match to know the score!!
Such a sweet tag Dawn!

Clare said...

YAYYYY for the All Blacks! My older brothers played rugby at their high school, and my younger one (who is there now, and will be playing rugby once the season starts for them), was telling me about watching this! How fun!
Love your adorable little tag! :)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable Mimi! Lovely idea to put her on the die cut!