Sunday 22 July 2012

Jen's 90 minute Scramble

Today Jen was our challenge master over at the Hero Arts Flickr group.  She challenge us to produce a card that
~ used "filler" stamps  (you know those little bitty stamps you find on stamp sets) as a focal point
~ stitching -real or faux
~ create you own sentiment.....

Quite a bit of a challenge.... but I knew what I wanted to do..

Scramble 22/07/12

I drew a circle in pencil onto my card and using some of the little bitty stamps and some of the bright distress inks and stamped around my circle.  I made my sentiment by only stamping part of a sentiment stamp and adding a little heart.   I did some faux stitching around the edge of my panel.  This is a great way to stretch your stamps as well....

I've also added this to Anne's giveaway challenge (HERE)  Anne is celebrating her 4th Blogoversary.  Congratulations to Anne on this achievement.

Am feeling tired tonight.... the weekends are never long enough to do everything I want to do... so off to bed for an early night.


Dawn 

11 comments:

Barb said...

I agree, Dawn - never enough time on the weekends! Love your beautiful wreath! Such a fun idea for the tiny stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

lovely flowers Dawn like the color...and nice faux stitching....I like your bow so clean and looks perfect...hugs

Cathy A said...

Dawn this is such a pretty wreath

Jay Gee said...

I must try this Dawn, I never use my little stamps and this looks fantastic :)

Anita Rex said...

What a challenge indeed! :> So love what you came up with! Truly pretty and truly a great idea!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card Dawn
luv
Debby

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn this is fabulous - CAS, sweet and stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Kara Lynne said...

Such a great use for filler stamps! Excellent idea and it came out beautifully!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn you knocked this challenge out of the park!!

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn thanks for the info I join also Anne giveaway :) hugs

Greta said...

Pretty card--great use of filler stamps & I love the charm!