Friday 30 November 2012

More Vintage Christmas

I've been making a few vintage Christmas cards using this La Blanche stamp.

Vintage Christmas


This one has lots of distressing and just a pop of colour with the Holly and the die cut Poinsettia. I dry embossed the base card.

Season's Greetings


I stamped this onto some Kraft cardstock with  Wet Cement Hero Arts ink.  I coloured the holly and Santa with colouring pencils and Gamsol.  Tore all around it and edged with Walnut Stain ink.  I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment with Archival Coffee ink... Noticed it's a bit crooked.  Finished with a flower and mounted the panel onto a card base stamped with Hero Arts Wood grain background in Olive distress ink.

Peace Love & Joy


 I stamped this onto some dark cream card stock with Versamark Sahara Sand, making sure that I didn't stamp the Holly.  I trimmed the piece with some decorative scissors and distressed with Tea Dye distress ink.  I stamped part of a Hero Arts sentiment stamp along the top.  Added some lace and a flourish and red flower.  The PP on the card base is from a Kaisercraft pack.   

I'm taking it with me tomorrow so there will be more to share next week.

Have a great weekend
 Dawn

                              

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image and what you have done.xxx

Barb said...

All three cards are so pretty, Dawn! Beautiful work!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Dawn! What a great stamp to use for all of them!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Dawn - three gorgeous cards, and how different they look, even though the image is the same. My favourite is the first one as I love the vintage feel of it and the embossed background.
Have only just found your beautiful blog - love your style.

joy said...

You are really rockin' this stamp, Dawn! LaBlanche stamps are just so beautifully detailed and you have made the most of this one!