Friday 29 March 2013

Much Excitement in the Turley household

My daughter has arrived home for a 10 day holiday so there is much excitement in the household.  All my family together for a few days R&R on Waiheke Island.  Emma and her partner arrived at 6.45 am and we are all packed and waiting to head off to catch the ferry over.  Two cars packed to the gunnel's.  Enough food to feed an army.... not just 6 of us for 3 nights!   Oh well, would rather have more than less.

Today I do have a card to share.  I wanted to enter the City Crafter's challenge last week.... to use Woodgrain.

Window Frame Thinking of You.

I have had the window die ( Spellbinder De-lite ) for ages but this is the first time I've used it.  I had some woodgrain paper that I picked up at a $2 shop.  Didn't quite turn out how I envisaged, but Hey that's crafting !!!       I cut out the window from the wood grain paper and some cream card.  Did a bit of paper piecing to cover up some bits that I didn't want to stay open, made the curtains ( Didn't realise till I looked at the photo, my scallops are going sideways :-(  )  Used another De-lite die to make the greenery for the window and a couple of punches for the flowers.   Through the window I have stamped a Hero Arts Starburst stamp in Old Paper to resemble wallpaper.   Distressed all the edges. Finished with a Simon Says die and sentiment stamp.   Something a bit different.       

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter.... 

8 comments:

joy said...

Happy Easter to you and your family, Dawn! Love the card you made - such great detail!

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the design and fab colours.xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Happy Easter Dawn, I hope you have a most enjoyable time on Waiheke and the Jazz festival, Great card too. Love those curtains!!!
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! Love the flowers under your awesome window!

Enjoy your weekend - sounds wonderful! Happy Easter to you and your family! :)

Greta said...

Have fun--as if you couldn't! Lovely card, Dawn!

Pajalu said...

Happy Easter Dawn. I hope you have a great time with your family. How exciting to have Emma home for a mini holiday. I love your card. It looks wonderful.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card - I know what you mean about cards not turning out how you intend!!
I do hope you have a wonderful break with your family.
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Easter Dawn, hope you have a fun weekend with your daughter.