Thursday 15 August 2013

With Sympathy and a Vintage Christmas card.

Yes two cards to share tonight.  First up a sympathy card I made yesterday.   I got a new set of Spellbinders dies.... A2 curved borders and just had to try them out.

With Sympathy

I put two of the dies together ~ one edge cuts and one cuts and embosses.  I cut some PP to go underneath.  I masked off the die cut piece and added some flowers from a Unity Itty Bitty stamp.  I did a 2nd generation stamping to give a bit of dimension.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set.  

My second card, I made in the weekend.  I was tidying up my scrap pile and found the printed vintage Santa.

Vintage Christmas

 I don't remember where I got the image...but had printed it out a few times onto some card.  I trimmed the image and added a little bit of embossed card (also from the scrap pile)  I then layered over red card.    The PP is from a  pack of vintage Christmas paper which has lost it's cover... it is so pretty though.  I made the little roses with some creamy yellow painted watercolour paper and a punch.  The leaves are a MFT die, that I added Vintage Photo ink around the edge.   The ribbon is pre-printed with the words and worked beautifully on the card.  I've adding this to the Holiday Card Challenge at Moxie Fab World.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I really appreciated all of your visits.  


10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn, I love the die cut on the first one! Jo x

joy said...

Such pretty creations, Dawn! The new border die is gorgeous and I like your Christmas card, too.

Lisa said...

Beautiful sympathy card- love the soft colors and the font on that sentiment is so pretty!
The Xmas card is so fun- those vintage photos are always so special :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
You have just sold me that curved border die, it is fabulous, and a most gorgeous card, it must be one of my favourites of yours so far, and your Xmas card is great too.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Really pretty cards Dawn - love how you have used the curvy die!
Blessings
Maxine

sheila said...

Hi Dawn...I love both of your cards. The sympathy one is just beautiful...so soft and gentle. And the Christmas one rocks! I love the vintage touches and your roses look great.

Greta said...

Oh wow, Dawn! These are so lovely--both of them! The new dies are really neat & I love how you used them!

Virginia L. said...

That Sympathy card is gorgeous! I love the muted colors for the design. As for the Christmas card? I just started to make one today. You just got me inspired!

Arlene said...

I love the cut of the border and this is a beautiful card to send as a sympathy card.

Then that wonderful vintage Santa is great. Your flowers are just gorgeous.

Maureen Morton said...

Busy fingers, DAwn! Love both of these. The first is so delicate - love that die combo. And, the second one is so vintage. Those flowers you made seriously rock.......wish you would do a video for us. Thanks for sharing.