Sunday 22 September 2013

A CASE'd card...

CASE ~ copy and selectively edit.... Well that's what I believe CASEing to be.  In my case I copied the design and used what I had on hand that looked similar to the original.

I saw a beautiful card over at the Couture Creations website and decided to go for it.


Lamp light glow
I used an embossing folder from Cuttlebug to emboss the background.  I then sponged on Stormy Sky and Pumice Stone distress ink leaving the centre clear.  My lamp post is from Cherry Lynn Designs as is the Holly flourish.  I cut it in half and used both pieces.  I used a piece of black lace I got in a recent embellishment swap.  I sponged Black Soot and Stormy Sky distress ink onto some white care and spritzed with some Perfect Pearls Vintage Gold for a shine.  I then punched out the flowers and put together with black gem brads.

I love that there is SO much inspiration out there and thanks to everyone who shares their work. 

Had a very scary night last night as a big storm passed over.  We got woken at 2.30am with an almighty crash of thunder and lightening... It really was loud and scary.  The lightening and thunder continued for over an hour...kept me awake.  And then woke to hear that the yacht race in San Francisco was abandon because of the wind going the wrong way.... at least it wasn't like yesterday when low winds meant that we didn't make it to the end within the time frame.  A couple of minutes more and we would have won the America's Cup.... but not to be yesterday as Oracle got another win under their belts in race 2 of the day.... So roll on tomorrow and maybe we can do it!!!!!  GO TEAM NZ 

9 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Beautiful case of the original card Dawn! Love your embossed background!

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Dawn and a lovely CASE.

Unknown said...

it is such a beautiful card Dawn , amazing talent you have xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design.xxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
This is an interesting card, it relates a night time scene that is almost foreboding, but the flowers contradict this as they are in full bloom under the lamp...a contradiction in itself...Were you still thinking of the storm Dawn as I can see this image appear fleetingly as the flash of lightening lights up the nights sky. A dramatic palette that certainly captures the eye.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

We were in Akld for that storm too - 1:15 a.m. - 3:45a.m. over East Akld!! and did it blow, and rain and the noise and lightening were incredible!!
Wonderful card Dawn - love the 'atmosphere' you have created in it.
Blessings
Maxine

Maureen Morton said...

There is so much romance and mystery in this card, Dawn! I like yours better than one you CASE'd, actually. That textured background and inking really provide the setting for the rest of the elements.

Arlene said...

Just beautiful Gorgeous card.

Monika Reeck said...

looks funtastic with that black color Dawn...love this..