Tuesday 3 September 2013

Another Christmas card plus my Art Journal cover.

I have another of my Saturday's cards to share today.  This CAS Christmas card that was inspired by a Hero Arts stamp.

Mini Christmas tree

Here is the stamp that inspired the card. 
Shari's Tree No. 2 picture 

My tree is an old Cuttlebug die from 5 years ago.  I cut it in green card and then added to the card which I had embossed with a Spellbinders square die.  I added sequins to my tree.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I can see myself making a few more of this design with some of the other sentiments in this set. 

And now for a little something different.  I've decided to start an Art Journal.  This is something a little outside my comfort zone.  I have done the front cover.

Art Journal Cover

 I tore a page out of the journal and started by scribbling some Gelatos onto my craft mat and spritzing with water and pulling my paper through it.  As it's not watercolour but cartridge paper, I had to be a bit careful.  Once it dried  I used a Dylusions stencil and some lightweight texture paste.  Once that dried coloured with Gelatos.  Outlined the flowers (Thanks for the idea Barb!) with a black pen.  Stamped some words (Kaisercraft) added the centre image (Inkadinkado) and the harlequin stamps (unknown) Finished with a Hero Arts Butterfly stamped and die cut.   At least it's a start.   I have done two more pages... one single page that is painted and textured but not yet finished and a double page that is something quite different again.... I'll share later.

Lots happening over the next week or so.  I'm posting on Die Cut Divas this week and also at Little Blue Button stamps blog as well as taking part in a blog hop with LBBS.  Keep a look out for that... so have been busy.  I've been making flowers tonight, while watching TV.  

Have a great week all

                              

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Dawn I really love your art journal cover....It looks awesome!! I love how it turned out...so much texture! What a cute interpretation of a stamp...very creative :) {{hugs}} Kimi xx

joy said...

Great take on that stamp for your Christmas card, Dawn! And, you did a fantastic job on your journal cover.

Lin said...

Love your Christmas card, Dawn - I knew immediately which stamp you were CASE-ing! And good for you for starting an art journal - I'm still chicken about it. Looking forward to more!

Barb said...

Love that darling tree - so clever! And I'm so happy to see you starting an art journal - yay! Your cover looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing more pages! :)

Arlene said...

Your journal cover is awesome!

And oh, I LOVE that little tree. You did the inspiration proud!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Great Xmas card, and I am impressed with your mixed media, you will learn heaps whilst playing around with these products, you may find CAS quite boring.... God forbid!
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

Your journal cover is so artistic & beautiful, Dawn! Very creative to make the card based on the stamp--love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card Dawn, and I love the cover of your art journal, it looks fabulous!!
You really are venturing out, and busy, what with working and your DT commitments - well done.
Blessings
Maxine

Maureen Morton said...

What a great way to use the HA stamp as inspiration for your won cute design, Dawn! And, so excited to see you have joined in the journaling trend....looks like a great start.