Friday 7 February 2014

In Your Comfort Zone

I saw on Lin's blog that WPlus9 were having a challenge to make a card within your comfort zone... using their stamps/dies.   I have two WPlus9 sets.... Fanciful Feathers and Fresh Cut Florals with their matching dies.

Of late I've been doing a bit with stencils...after taking the On-line Card Class, and today got some more stencils so I thought I would combine the two.


I started by using some paste over a new TCW stencil "Mini Chervon Tiles"  Once they dried, I spritzed with some blue glimmer mist and then used my SU Spray thingie with some blue and green Tombow pens.  I next die cut some die cut two feathers from some card also spritzed with blue mist.  I edged it with a grey marker and added some white dots.   The sentiment is from the Fresh Cut Florals  set.  I used two sentiments.  I layered the panel onto some shimmer card then onto the card stock.  I added the flowers with a bit of black twine.

I had fun making this ~ in my semi CAS style... not too many embellishments.  Think I could have added some sequins though. 

Had fun yesterday, on my day off for our National Holiday... cleaned my oven (using a tip I found on FB using Ammonia) then had a good amount of time crafting, getting a few things done.  Will share more later in the week.

Thanks for visiting.


10 comments:

joy said...

Lovely card, Dawn! The stencil and sprays are so pretty and I love that feather die.

Lin said...

Beautiful mix, Dawn! Love the blues, of course :)

Dotty Jo said...

Fabby card Dawn! i'm hoping for plenty of cardmaking time this weekend, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Just a though Dawn, but would you send me your snail mail addy so that I can get ahead with making and posting your CCC Feb card please? Thanks hun, Jo x PS I've bought a new stencil and embossing paste and I'm sooooooooo excited!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Fabulous card, with gorgeous texture, the stencilling just lifts the design.
Smiles:)
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn this is amazing - you really have made the most of the course you took on stencils!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Dawn I love how you made the texture on the Background too its look funtastic...love love this really...and nice spritz of the blue and green color..this is really a beautiful card you made...hugs

Arlene said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and design. Beautiful.

Greta said...

Wow--what a beautiful piece of work, Dawn! I need to get back to the class & finish the videos. You've inspired me!

Sandy said...

Beautifully done - just gorgeous!
sandy