Tuesday 29 April 2014

Farewell is not Goodbye!

I'm here saying farewell Paula from our Die Cut Divas blog.  Due to personal reasons, Paula is stepping down from the challenge blog.

She is a woman that deserves the title "Diva".  I got to know Paula through the Flickr group of Die Cut Divas and was thrilled to assist with the challenges there and now on the blog.  I have also had the thrill of meeting Paula for real.... The first time nearly 4 years ago when she had a two week old baby!  (My, Paula, hasn't the time flown by!) and then again in September 2012 when I got to spend a whole day with her, talking and visiting her local stamp store and doing some crafting too.  I can tell you, this is one LOVELY lady.  Paula, I will miss you  on the blog, but I can tell we'll be friends long time.  Next time I'm in Mooloolaba you can guarantee I'll be popping in for tea and card making!

Here's the card I sent Paula to say thanks for being such a fabulous Diva.


I used an adorable little bee from Bugaboo to make my card,  I coloured and fussy cut parts of the been to layer. I used an embossing folder on the PP to make my base and when I cut the dies, I sponged with blue ink before removing the dies.  There's lots of Wink of Stella on the card both black and clear. 
(P.S. sorry for the poor photo quality.. I nearly forgot to take a photo and had to take this on my cell phone)

I will certainly miss Paula on the blog but am sure she'll still be around on her own blog - Scappy Me


3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this card Dawn - the sponged die cuts are stunning and that bee is so cute!! Great background too.
Blessings
Maxine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
How sad Paula had to leave the team, but as you say it is not goodbye.
I am sure she will enjoy your card very much, the Bg is fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Greta said...

Gorgeous background & darling image on this great card for Paula! How neat that you guys have been able to meet. I know your friendship will continue.