Thursday 24 April 2014

Wedding Cards- a little non-traditional

On Saturday my friend's daughter was heading off to a wedding.  About an hour before she was going, she asked me if I could make her a card.  This with me having limited supplies with me.... an definitely no wedding stamps!
So I thought maybe just flowers would do.

Live Laugh Love

This card is made with all Kaisercraft stamps.  The lace along the bottom is from one set, the roses from another and the sentiment a third set.  The lace is stamped with some Golden Glitz ink.  The roses were stamped, coloured with Copics and fussy cut out.   

Once I had finished it, I remembered Sarah loved butterflies, so I quickly made another card so she had the choice of two...

Wedding card

I started by inking up a The Crafter's Workshop stencil with some blue ink.  I had the butterfly stamped so coloured and cut out.  The brown twine was already tied as I had intended to use it the day before but had changed my mine.... so all in all, came together very quickly.  The sentiment is from Kaisercraft.   And yes, this is the one Sarah chose!  Not really a traditional wedding card, but she loved that it would be personal!

And wouldn't you know it... on Monday morning I found that I did have a mini Kaisercraft sentiment set that was wedding based!  Didn't know it was in the bottom of my bag.  

Tomorrow is a public holiday in New Zealand, celebrating ANZAC day.  If you are interested in knowing a bit more about it...I did a post last year...HERE

 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend.
 

12 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Flowers Dawn and nice arrangement too with thise color under the flowers.. I always love that butterfly stamp from Hero Arts...stunning card dear Dawn..how are you sweety...big hugs :)

Dotty Jo said...

Two terrific cards Dawn, you had your own time scramble challenge going on there! Jo x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You made nice cards. Your drawing, pearl and ribbons decoration are looking nice.
http://www.123weddingcards.com/

Lin said...

Gorgeous work, Dawn, especially on the fly! LOVE that first one - must look into those stamps!

Betty said...

both your cards are so pretty, Dawn - love the blue butterfly and the gret background!

Greta said...

I like both cards, Dawn & how neat you made one that the couple will know is from her because of the butterfly. The gold lace is a great element on the first one!

debby4000 said...

Love your beautiful, gorgeous cards.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Your both wedding invitation cards are looking amazing specially second with with butterfly on its front..color combination is also cool.

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Dawn - I love the blue one too.
Blessings
Maxine

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are really beautiful, Dawn! I'm so impressed that you were able to make them so quickly, too! You did an amazing job!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Really Dawn you made a nice card. I am impressed your creative mind. These cards are very beautiful and trendy that why I like it very much. In my future wedding I will definitely try your Idea. In my religion, wedding invitation is very special . So keep blogging………….