Wednesday 10 September 2014

Yellow and Black card in a box.

I got an order for a card in a box for a work colleague to give to her daughter.  Instructions were flowers and yellow and black.  I really enjoy making these cards in a box but I do wonder if I overdo them.


I found some yellow PP and lined the outside and the inner flaps.  Then I used a punch to make the flowers.  I used two sizes.  I used a flourish for my holder for the flowers.  Added a few butterflies and stamped the sentiment onto a white circle.   

I got rave reviews from my colleague. Her daughter LOVED it and is now considering asking me to make her wedding invites.  She will have some ideas and come back to me to get some samples done.   Not too sure if I really want the pressure of making so many invites.  I'll see what I she wants before making a decision. 

Been a bit AWOL this week.  Work is busy and I seem to have no time left at the end of each day.  I've started walking in the late afternoon now it's getting lighter.  Got for the weight but cuts into crafting time!

Have an awesome week. 

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these colours Dawnm and you have made a great job of the card. I would also hesitate to commit to make wedding invites. Love the longer and warmer days and my vegetable garden is starting to look good.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Swweeet box full with colors ooh you are soo creative Dawn...is it easy to make? I will try but if it is difficult then not ,my time is so limited with two little boys at home LOL...and I love the combo black white and yellow..if you see my last post its a challenge with B&W and one color I think yours is also fit for their challenge..just join there my friend...hugs, Monika

Kim Hall said...

You did an amazing job on your card, love the combo of yellow and black.

joy said...

This is amazing, Dawn! Who wouldn't love to receive this? Looks time consuming to me - is there a tutorial for this somewhere?

Making wedding invitations is a big commitment, but you would do a fabulous job with them, I'm sure.

Lin said...

How lovely, Dawn! I'm not surprised that this was a big hit all around! We have a native wildflower here that we call brown-eyed Susans - these remind me of them......

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous! I'd say this is a case of '... and sometimes MORE is more.' Looks brilliant, Jo x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn,
I can see why it was a hit, it is dramatic and loud, everything a young
girl would love; attention grabber.
I do not think it is over done at all just fabulous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb Ghig said...

This is really GORGEOUS, Dawn! I love the color combo, and your details are just amazing! I'm not at all surprised that your colleague's daughter loved it!

Greta said...

Wowzer! This is amazing!