Wednesday 8 October 2014

Autumn Leaves

 Today I'm sharing a card I made for Die Cut Divas. 

Autumn birthday.

I used Mia (available here).  I coloured her with Copics and cut with a Spellbinders oval die.  I used some techniques I learnt in the latest Online Card Classes - clouds in the background and the grass.  My background was fun to make.  I used some heavy kraft paper and embossed it.  I then took a Kaleidacolor inkpad called Autumn colours and using a brayer coloured up the embossing and the background.  I then used the same ink to colour another piece of paper and stamped a leaf from a Winnie & Walter stamp and fussy cut the leaves.  The sentiment is from the same Winnie & Walter set and is stamped in a speech bubble die cut from Penny Black.  

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come and join me and the Divas with your Autumn or Spring projects. 

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a sweet little scene, Jo x

joy said...

She's cute as a button and I love that pretty background and the die cut leaves, Dawn!

Sarah said...

Aw how cute, love those leaves :)

Lin said...

What a fun card for fall! Love all the texture!

Arlene said...

Love the way you embossed the background and then brayered it to color it up.

Becca Cruger said...

Awww... this card just makes me think of my little niece. It's so adorable and makes you really feel that fall chill. Great job!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn, and I love the techniques you have used, especially on the embossing.
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and love all the leaves.
luv
Debby

Isha Gupta said...

Love the colors and texture and cute image on your lovely card Dawn.

Monika Reeck said...

oh so cute Image and lovely texture too on your card Dawn..nice autumn leaves color too.beautifully done...hugs, Monika

Greta said...

So cute--great card, Dawn!