Sunday 17 May 2015

70th birthday card in a box

The card in a box projects I've been making are turning out to be very popular with my work collegaues.  I seem to be getting order after order.

This week's request was for a 70 year old lady.  The request was flowers and butterflies.  As I was OVER making the roses ones, so came up with another idea.  After using Marisa's Petite Petals Stampin' Up! stamps and punch, I went and ordered it.  So that was the basis of my card in a box


I stamped the petals onto watercolour paper using distress inks and used a water brush to paint the ink onto them.   Once I had them punched out, I die cut the Hero Arts Spring Branch.  I added some acetate to the back of the die cut and added the flowers.  I added some Cheery Lynn flourish die cuts. The butterflies are Peelcraft stuck onto spotted vellum and fussy cut.    My sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps and was a freebie with a magazine.  I layered it onto a Spellbinders die.  The PP I used to cover my box is from Kaisercraft.   I used a Mama Elephant alpha and numeric die to make the name and number.

Here's a close up:



Didn't get much crafting done today as we went for a little road trip - a 45 mins north to take a look at a Regional Park bach - bach nice, but the beach wasn't great..not good for swimming so back to the internet to look for somewhere else.  Plus as we want it around Christmas time so a bit harder to find somewhere.  Enjoy the drive though, and ended up at the Puhoi pub for a late lunch of burgers and chips.

I took this photo of the autumnal colours on our way back,


hope your weekend is going well.


13 comments:

Shawna said...

I can see why they are so popular! They are so pretty and detailed. Question, does th box shut? I adore these Dawn! Take care and thank you for sharing these remarkable flowers.

Dotty Jo said...

Another fabulous box, you are so clever! Great autumn pic; we are in mid-spring here in the UK - pics like this remind me that you really are on the other side of the world! Jo x

Lin said...

Gorgeous, Dawn! I'm not surprised that your boxes are so popular! Love this one!

Betty said...

beautiful Dawn - think this is one of my favorites of your boxes (probably 'cause i'm a flower/butterfly person!)

Brenda said...

Dawn that is a very precious card!

Arlene said...

Gorgeous. Just a beautiful bunch of flowers to make someone's day wonderful.

Love the photo of your autumn trees.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn, and I can see why you keep getting orders!!
Come down this way and the colours are even more vivid :-) - but with last weeks weather a lot of the leaves have fallen now :-(.
I see you were featured at SCS - congratulations.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Wow, Dawn--this one came out great! Looks like you had a lovely drive!

debby4000 said...

Brilliant and gorgeous box card really must give one these a go.
luv
Debby

Becca Cruger said...

OOoo! This is one elegant card in a box! Love all the gold foil elements you've got going on. I hope you enjoyed the road trip!

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comments and condolences...so nice of you, Dawn!
No question that you are getting so many orders on these gorgeous explosion cards! On this one, I love your water coloring on the flowers, the beautiful butterflies and the gold numbers, alphas and frame...Stunning work of art! I'll bet more orders will be coming in when your colleagues see this!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your box is absolutely FABULOUS!!
TFS~

Monika Reeck said...

Great pics of autumn...we start to have summer but today again 15 degree cold Dawn...your BOX card is wooowww Love that Gold name and 70 adorable flowers and butterflies
love this too