Wednesday 17 June 2015

Recycled flowers and Pink Lemonade.

I did a card using some Hero Arts layering Hibiscus flowers a couple of weeks ago....
and although it was nice... it didn't really grab me.  So I pulled the flowers off and recycled them.


I added some Copic makers to the stamped Hibiscus to add some dimension.  I used a similar design to my card from yesterday.   Today's die is one from Britannia Dies and the birthday  is a Winnie & Walters stamp.  Added some gold and red  Kindyglitz. 

And what you might ask is Pink Lemonade?  Well I've purchased the online class at StampNation called In The Mood.  I can highly recommend it!  It's all about getting inspired by Mood Boards.   The first board is called Pink Lemonade and as the title suggests included some pretty pinks and a greeny blue colour.


I started by using some Chalk ink and a Couture Creations embossing folder to do a faux letterpress technique.  I mounted this onto the pink card and made the flowers with the same card.  I used a Tim Holtz Tattered flowers die, a Stampin' Up punch and  a Martha Stewart punch to make the flowers and leaves.  I inked up some white card with the aqua ink and used a Hero Arts sentiment.    Really happy with the results.
Entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Stampart Papel

6 comments:

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty Dawn - great idea to add dimension with copics - i'm going to give that a try.

Becca Cruger said...

Isn't it always fun to be able to rework designs that just don't hit the mark? Well I think your recreation is stunning. Bright, cheerful and vivacious! And your second card is oh-so-elegant with those paper blooms and embossed background. Lovely!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done in re-using the flowers you were not happy with Dawn - they look fabulous here, and the card is another stunner. Love that second one - it's colours are gorgeous and the background texture/colour combination is beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

alexandra s.m. said...

Very pretty cards Dawn!
Thank You~

Greta said...

Beautiful work, Dawn! I really love the second one--each element is wonderful!

Monika Reeck said...

oh that background is adorable Dawn
and love that REAL flower
it looks like a real one
sweet bday card..