Wednesday 27 January 2016

Ghost Stenciling

Wow it's been a few days since I've posted.  Auckland has been having a bit of a heat wave and it's been very warm at night so haven't felt much like crafting.  I come home from work and walk down to the beach for a swim (as I can't swim very well, I do some water walking) for about 25 mins and as it's still warm ( usually around 5-6pm) I soak up some rays... that means that dinner is a bit later than normal...so my night is shorter and not much time to craft.

Anyway I am taking a couple of online classes.  First is StampNation's Technique Toolbox Stenciling class and the second is Online card class - watercolor intermediate techniques.  I have watch Day 1 and Day 2 videos but no time to practice yet.

I have done a few stencil cards - one was for my CCC partner Cat... She has received it so I can share it now.
I used a stencil that came with my StampNation Friendship kit.   I did an ombre inking with Distress ink, moved the stencil and stamped the little hearts from a Hero Arts set in the middle of the stencil.  I added Glossy Accents to the hearts.  The sentiment is from the same Hero Arts set as the hearts. 

My next card is a Ghost stenciling technique.

For this one I used a Penny Black stencil and first layer was white pigment ink.  Once it dried, I moved the stencil slightly and then used some dye ink for the second layer.  This technique looks best on kraft card stock, but I don't have any at the moment... so used some buttercream card.  Added some gold pen around the edge and a new Hero Arts wooden sentiment.  A few sequins to finish. 

It's still very warm at 10.15 at night and humidity is about 80% - very hot and humid so sleeping is difficult.  Hoping for a cooler change in the weather over the weekend.   It's a long weekend so I might get some time to try out the watercolour class.  Invested in some high quality watercolour paper today and some new brushes. 

Thanks for stopping by. 



Dawn

7 comments:

Barb said...

You've got me wanting to get out some stencils, Dawn! Both cards are so pretty! Well done!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Dawn the photo does the card you sent me no justice at all. It is gorgeous. It is such a cheerful card, thank you so much!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Dawn- Love the wee hearts on the ombre stenciled one, and the ghost stenciling one is a stunner.
Know what you mean about the heat and not sleeping - we have unusual humidity here too, as well as the high temperatures!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

These are both so neat, Dawn! I really love the pink one!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I need hot weather Dawn
in munich is around 0 degree
I wish I can stay longer in Indonesia
now about your ghost stenciling
you rock it
love much both of your card
my fav is the flower one
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

These are both lovely Dawn, very elegant

Arlene said...

I really do love this. Beautiful!