Sunday 3 January 2016

Iron off embossing

Happy New Year ... already nearly the end of the 3rd of January.   We have had family here for Christmas and New Year and this morning we said farewell to our daughter and her husband, on their way home to Perth.  I got hubby to take a picture of us


I need to update my current photo and will get this one printed.  Next time I see her, she will be a Mummy!  I can't wait!

Our New Year's Eve was spend with our friend's at their place in Managawhai with my parents and our friend's twin grandchildren (Odin and Sophie aged almost 4)  I had forgotten how energetic almost 4 year olds are!  Worse was it started raining New Year's Eve and was steady all day.  We left around 2pm to head home.    It then rained most of the 2nd and again today - on and off.    So what to do when it rains.... create cards!  I got all my January ones done for A2Z Scrapbooking- one for Die Cut Divas and the one I needed to make for my NZ technique swap.  I chose the theme - watercolouring with resist.


I used a Hero Arts Silhouette Poppy - stamped in Versamark and clear embossed.  I then used my Zig Markers to colour the poppies.  Once they dried, I used my iron to take off the embossing powder.  This gives a smooth surface.  I used a Hero Arts Hello die, together with a sentiment from another Hero Arts set.  

This afternoon, we took my parents with us to see the 3D version of Star Wars - The force awakens.... totally worth it.  I really enjoyed it.   

Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year - full of crafting and creating.

Dawn

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely photo of you and your daughter Dawn. A beautiful card too -fabulous colours on the image, the way you have mounted it is perfect. I love that technique and must try it again!
Blessings
Maxine

Dotty Jo said...

Great photo! Love your card - such fab colours, Jo x

Lin said...

Great to see the 2 of you, Dawn! And all that rain makes all that green behind you - here it is dull browns and greys, and no snow to brighten things up.....

Speaking of brightening things up, your card sure made me smile! A lovely blend of the old and new from Hero Arts - love it!

Nancy K said...

Lovely photo of you and your daughter! Beautiful watercolor card, so nice to see an old Hero Arts stamp get some trendy new love! Happy New Year, Dawn!

Arlene said...

Fantastic technique! Love the card. Those colors are fantastic.

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Dawn! Such a nice photo of you and your daughter! I hope she has a speedy delivery and a healthy baby :)
I love how you colored the poppies...such a great blend of colors, and your sentiment is perfect, too! Really happy card!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Gorgeous photo of you and your daughter Dawn! Love your card!! Happy New Year!

Greta said...

So happy you had family with you for the holidays & what a great picture! Congrats on soon becoming a grandma! Beautiful card--need to try coloring with my Zigs!

Carol said...

Happy New Year Dawn...a lovely photo of the two of you and a gorgeous card, such beautiful colours. I hope you get rid of all the rain this week...I'm headed to NZ at the weekend and I'm hoping for warm and sunny! Carol x

creationsnz said...

STUNNING Dawn, you sure have a handle on this technique. I have a reverse stamp that I hardly use - thanks for the inspiration.