Wednesday 6 January 2016

playing with smooching...

I was playing around with some distress inks and my acrylic block the other day and made a couple of backgounds.  - one in blues and one in oranges.  And here's how they ended up

First up the blues with a bit of inspiration from Pinterest

 This is a slightly smaller card - 4' x 4 1/2"  Cut with some leather texture card.  I made a frame with Spellbinders square dies.  The black leaves are a CAS-ual Friday die and the the butterfly is an EK Success punch.  Added some gems and the sentiment from the matching CAS-ual Friday's stamp set.

and the orange one
This one used a black die cut I got from one of the ladies in my stamping group.  Not sure if it was a die or cut with an electronic cutter, but it was perfect as the focus against the orange background.  Once again I used a sentiment from the CAS-ual Friday stamp set with the same textured card stock.  

Not much crafting in the last couple of days... went to the Zoo yesterday and today did some shopping for paintbrushes for the upcoming Online Card Class - watercoloring intermediate techniques.  I found my tubes of paints so hope these will work.  Can't wait to start the classes.  

Got a wedding come up in the weekend.  My hubby's niece is getting married on Saturday in Hamilton.  Look out for the card I made for them... it's coming up soon.

Take care
Dawn

7 comments:

Lin said...

I like the texture of that leather cardstock......I have some ancient colors of that around here somewhere....must go hunting for it. 2 pretty cards, Dawn!

Barb said...

Beautiful results from that fun technique, Dawn! Love how the dark gray looks with the colors on both cards!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Dawn - your smooshing is gorgeous and the way you have constructed the cards beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

so pretty Dawn - especially the blue card and the watercoloring on both of them!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Dawn! I think these are my favorite Dawn creations--for now! Love how you used the pearls on the butterfly--never thought to do that! The second one is stunning, too--love it! You've inspired me!

creationsnz said...

Both totally lovely Dawn, my fave is the blue one because that's in my favourite colour range. They look great with the black - makes them seem more vivid.

Monika Reeck said...

that combo
black blue and white ooh adorable Dawn
love it
and your second card

wooooow that DIE is to DIE FOR
love love love and if I can have it in black from you maybe
I love this card much
one of your card that I favorite