Sunday 20 March 2016

Scramble # - Inside Out

Over at the Hero Arts Flickr group Cindy is running a  90 minute scramble - over a 24hr period.  So still time enter.  Anyway I got up at 8.00am for the start of the scramble.  Cindy's challenge was to do “Inside Out”. Some part of the inside of your card must show even when the card is closed, whether it is thru a window/die cut or smaller/different shape front panel.



My card was inspired by cards from Jennifer McGuire and Ilina Crouse.  I used Jennifer's idea of window and Ilina's colourful rainbow butterflies. I used the butterflies in the Butterfly Pair Stamp and cut set and a variety of Kaleidacolor inks and Brilliance Twilight ink.  The Brilliance ink is very shimmery and I used it to stamp the front of the card.   Originally I stamped the sentiment straight across the card and acetate but it smudged so I stamped in onto white card and covered up the boo boo.   Got the whole card done in under one hour.   As I used rainbow colours I'm entering it into the Rainbow challenge at A Blog named Hero

After I did the card, hubby and I went to a Bathroom sale - just to look.  We are getting our ensuite bathroom done over.  Our son is going to project manage it for us.  Boy I didn't realise there were so many different types and styles of tapware, vanity units, towel rails not to mention shower heads and sliders and toilets.  We are looking at getting it tiled floor walls and shower so there's tiles to choose as well... Narrowing it down a bit and in a couple of weeks will go with our son to order everything.   So an interesting morning - now have a stack about 6 inches high of books and pamphlets.  

Thanks for stopping by... and don't forget there is still under 12 hours if you want to have a go at the Hero Arts Flickr scramble.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Dawn - love the rainbow colours you have used and the window is perfect for the card theme.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

So pretty--amazing for a scramble, Dawn!

creationsnz said...

FABULOUS! What a great idea and you've done it beautifully.

Monika Reeck said...

the rainbow color is adorable Dawn and nice opening that card with acetate
again I love your purple card Dawn
hugs
Monika