Monday 4 April 2016

Swing Card and New Grandparent card

Hi - I had a great weekend - had a few commission cards to make and one for my April technique swap.   The technique swap was a card with at least two folds.  I've been making swing cards lately after seeing the technique in a magazine.   The magazine samples showed the cards using Altenew Vintage roses and hand cutting of the circle that swings.  I decided to use a Spellbinders circle die with some partial die cutting.  And for my centre I used Painted flowers from Altenew.


Last week my Altenew stamps and inks arrived... the Labels Love set and pink and green mini ink sets.  I used some damask PP to line the inside and outside of the card.  The outside piece was a bit short so added some silver glittery washi and some gems.

My second card is one that a friend requested for a friend of hers to give to other friends... a bit convoluted. - Maria told her friend that I made cards and she requested one for a new grandparent.   She told me they don't know the gender of the baby to be... so I decided to go with a gender-neutral colour (green)


I googled "quotes for grandparents" and found this one.  I popped it into Word and changed the colour to match my PP.  I added a little sticker on the front, inside which says "Congratulations to the New Grandparents" and on the envelope.  Had an issue getting the bow to stick.. tried glue dots, Glossy accents, Multi Medium and finally resorted to a Hot Glue Gun.   Hopefully it will fit the bill. 

Hope you had a great weekend.  It was the end of daylight saving for  us... an extra hours sleep but now it's darker in the evening.    Luckily I finish work around 4.00pm most days so get home in time to go out for a walk down to the beach and along the shoreline, provided the sea is not too rough. 

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Betty said...

two wonderful cards Dawn - those painted flowers stamps are one of my favorite sets.

Lin said...

Sweet! I love the mix of the painted flowers with the elegant damask background on the first, and the gingham and adorable image on the 2nd card

Greta said...

The first card is so elegant & beautiful--love those flowers (still on my wishlist!) & the grandparent card is perfect--love the design & that wonderful sentiment you printed!

Monika Reeck said...

First card woooww I love that DAMASK really adorable Dawn second one ooh so sweett shoe with flowers and the gingham paper I adore that bow too
great card both
Dawn I will catch up today hope you have time to read my comment :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Dawn - love the way you 'extended' the top one with some glitter tape and gems, and the second one is so sweet. Well done on finding that gorgeous quote and manipulating it to fit both size and colour!
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Dawn, those are beautiful cards. Love the swing style card. The glitter border, the beautiful image. Gorgeous card hun in every way. Hugs, Wends x