Thursday 9 June 2016

Rainbow Birthday

While I had my Geo Builders stamp set out over the long weekend, I made another Rainbow card.  I have a very ancient Colorbox rainbow ink pad.  I was surprised to find it was still very juicy. 


I stamped the Geo Builders stamp once, then turned it around and stamped again... this gives the circle looking image.  I masked off the little stripe, and used the ink pad to colour.  I also used ink direct to card to colour up some cardstock to die cut the You.  The sentiment is from the SOA Beautiful world collection, the You stamp set.  Added the little hearts that were part of the die set as well as some other little hearts and stars. 

We had an awesome long weekend - very relaxing and then on Monday we travelled 1.5hrs south to watch our nephew Jason, play in the Waikato rugby team against Thames Valley.  It was a Ranfurly Shield game.  It was his debut for his regional team and he did well.  Even scored a try!  It was a great day out, catching up with a few of the family who went to watch. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Love your card Dawn. So bright and cheerful. Hugs, Ursula

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - love the softly coloured rainbow effect.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Always fun to go watch family sports events--miss that everyone is now grown up! Beautiful card, Dawn--one of my favorites!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I really love this card, Dawn! The rainbow of colors looks fabulous, and I love all the pretty hearts and stars! I love how you extended your colors into the sentiment, too! You did an amazing job on this card!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love the rainbow color on your card tiny Die cutting is cute love ly YOU too
graet card my friend

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautiful. I love the bright and happy colors.