Friday 2 September 2016

Fall Layering Tree

It's a new month so a new Challenge at A2Z Scrapbooking... and our theme is"Make it a Tag"

My order has been held up with one of the items on back order so I'm still working with some older stamps.  I have chosen to use the Fall Layering Tree (currently out of stock in our store, but you could use the Snowy Layering Tree for a similar tag)  However did you know if you really wanted this stamp you can request a custom order - just see the button on our site.

So here is my tag


I started by use a Tim Holtz/Sizzix die to cut the tag.   I then used a number of distress inks to make my background.   I stamped the trees with Hero Arts Cup'o'Joe ink and then used a variety of distress inks to do the various layers on them.  I used the layering stamps to stamp the "leaves" on the ground as well.  The sentiment is from the same set, again stamped with the Cup'o'Joe ink.  I finished with a bit of ribbon and twine.



So it's time for you to join us with your tags... by themselves or on a card.... looking forward to seeing them all.

This tag also doubles as my sample for Die Cut Divas where our challenge is "Fall"


8 comments:

Lin said...

This set should be here this afternoon for me, Dawn, so your timing couldn't have been more perfect! Love how this tag turned out!

Betty said...

wonderful tag Dawn - think i NEED that stamp set!!

Arlene said...

I love the tag. I find it fascinating to see all the things you can do with a stamp.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty tag, Dawn! I love how you added the leaves on the ground, and all those yummy fall colors make me yearn for autumn to get here already!

Greta said...

Gorgeous Fall tag, Dawn--love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful tag Dawn - great colours and I love your soft sky.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Perfect for autumn time Dawn
sweet Tag
loveee the colors

CinnamonSally said...

This is a beautiful Tag Dawn, thanks for the heads up on the challenge, I shall add this site to my ones to watch!