Saturday 5 August 2017

The Colour Purple.... my favourite

Yes, once again I'm making a card with my favourite Purples..... and what would suit that better than the lovely Enchanted Iris from Altenew.


I did some google searching to get some idea of the way to colour these.  I used Copic markers
V012, V015 and V017 with a little bit of yellow from a Spectrum Noir pen C3.  I used a couple of greens to do the leaves and a very pale blue to provide a shadow.  I did somehow manage to get marks on the page - hence the well place sequins!   The sentiment is from Beautiful Day set from Altenew.

I also made a very simple card using some  purchased die cuts.  I got 5 packs of die cuts, twines, enamel dots usually $3.99 each for a $1 each.   I don't usually use these sorts of die cuts, but when I need a card quickly they can work well


I went to the local stationery store to pick up the white card stock I use and found a pad of this beautiful pearlescent blue card - $4.99 for 40 sheets of A5 card.  Good value. This makes for a nice base and I'm sure I'll be using it a bit. 


7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Totally gorgeous, Jo x

Betty said...

your iris are gorgeous, Dawn - beautifully colored!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Nice cards Dawn! I love the irises!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gasp! Your iris are absolutely gorgeous, Dawn! Beautiful coloring and stunning design! Great idea to use your new die cuts for your CAS card, too...I love it!

Greta said...

Beautiful iris card, Dawn--love that sentiment, too! The second card is fun--good use of the die cuts!

creationsnz said...

I love your blue card Dawn, makes the elements stand out. CarolG

Brawny x said...

Lovely cards. I've got the iris stamps as yet unused. Must pull my finger out. X