Monday 12 February 2018

A wet weekend.

NB- Photo Heavy Post

It's been a very wet February here in Auckland.  This last  weekend was extremely wet.  So where was the best spot to be.. in the craft room.  I had a few orders to do.  So here is what I got done. 

First up - a card that was actually made last week for a colleague who is going onto Maternity Leave.  She is expecting a little girl


This is my favourite Mo Manning digi stamp.  It's called "Hush"  I used Prismacolor pencils to colour it in. 

Next was the first of 2, 21st cards


I used a Bugaboo digi image with a computer generated sentiment.  I used a Tim Holtz die in the corner and added a punched border

and here is #2

This one was inspired by a card on Pinterest (by Loll) I used a Spellbinders die to make my frame.  I die cut four from white card and one from glittery fun foam.  I also used the fun foam to die cut the 21.  The flowers are an older Hero Arts stamp which was white embossed and then I used some Altenew pink inks to sponge on.  Added some Novu Drops to the centres. 

My next card is one I made for my NZ card group swap.  The challenge was set by Suna, and was to make your own background. 
I made by background by stamping the second layer of the Altenew flower in a pale grey.  I then stamped all layers of the flower and added some accents with my colour pencils.  I die cut all the elements and stamped the additional bunch of flowers.  This is now on it's way south to it's recipient.

Next up is a card order from one colleague for another colleague who is going through a really bad time at the moment..one of her family members is currently fighting cancer with not a good outcome predicted. 

Using a Catherine Pooler stencil with some Altenew inks, a Spellbinders die, a MFT dienamics leaf, a Prisma flower and a sentiment from Rosie's Studio

Well, if you have made this far, I thank you.  Hope you had a chance to getting your craft on over the weekend. 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Yes, February has been wet, and today the humidity is a killer - we are not used to 99%, with 28.6 oC!!
Love your cards Dawn - that last one with the stencilled leaves is really dramatic, but they are all lovely
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

wooow you made so many adorable card and the coloring are more and more perfecto
they are set of lovely cards Dawn
the one in green is sweeet love the color combo and the stenciling is beautiful
hugs
Monika

CinnamonSally said...

We are having a very wet time too Dawn, still as you say , time to craft and you have been busy. Love them especially the top one, great colouring.

Greta said...

What lovely cards, Dawn--great use of a rainy day! I especially love the pink floral card for the 21st BD! I have that Spellbinder die & need to remember to use it!